1. What should Consumers know about Bark Beetles ?
2. What should Consumers know about treatment and prevention ?
3. Where can Consumers obtain more information ?
What should Consumers know about Bark Beetles ?
What should Consumers know about treatment and prevention ?
- There are numerous species of Bark Beetles.
- Different Bark Beetle species infest different Tree species.
- Bark Beetles infest both healthy and stressed trees.
- Stressed trees are generally unable to effectively combat infestation.
- INFESTED TREES CANNOT BE EFFECTIVELY TREATED.
- Infested trees and debris should be removed to protect other trees from attack.
Where can Consumers obtain more information ?
- Bark beetle preventive treatments may be labor and equipment intensive.
- Pesticides used must be labeled for use in preventing bark beetles on trees.
- Pesticides must be used according to the product Label.
- Preventive treatment is ineffective unless the pesticide is applied properly.
- Hire only licensed companies employing licensed applicators using the proper pesticide, application, and
elevation equipment to properly perform a treatment. Check the Arizona Pest Management Division's Web site or call the office
- OBTAIN MORE THAN ONE BID FOR PEST CONTROL SERVICES.
Go to the Top of the Page